The NVGE is a Member of United European Gastroenterology - UEG.
UEG, or United European Gastroenterology, is a professional non-profit organisation combining all the leading European societies concerned with digestive diseases. Together, its member societies represent over 22,000 specialists, working across medicine, surgery, paediatrics, gastrointestinal oncology and endoscopy. This makes UEG the most comprehensive organisation of its kind in the world, and a unique platform for collaboration and the exchange of knowledge.
To advance standards of gastroenterological care and knowledge across Europe and the world, UEG offers numerous activities and initiatives:
- UEG Week, Europe's largest gastroenterology meeting featuring the latest advances in clinical management and the best research in gastroenterology and liver disease. It is the premier venue to present research findings and learn about new work in the field.
- UEG Week 24/7 features all recorded sessions from UEG Week and provides convenient and direct access to the complete congress material, including E-posters and abstracts.
- Young GI Network, offering young delegates the opportunity to exchange scientific ideas with top speakers and senior experts and be guided through the scientific programme of UEG Week by mentors
- UEG Education, the universal source of knowledge in gastroenterology, providing online and classroom courses, a huge online library and delivering the latest GI news, fostering debate and discussion
- Training Support, funding for innovative training and educational programmes, as well as international scientific and professional co-operations
- UEG Journal, published bi-monthly, covering translational and clinical studies from all areas of gastroenterology
- EU Affairs, promoting research, prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases, and helping develop an effective health policy for Europe
Congratulations to all UEG Rising Stars 2016! (in alphabetic order)
- Imke Atreya, Germany
- Jakub Fichna, Poland
- Omid Sadr-Azodi, Sweden
- Edoardo Savarino, Italy
- Andreas Stengel, Germany
- Pavel Strnad, Germany
- Hjalmar van Santvoort, The Netherlands
- Mira M. Wouters, Belgium