The NVGE is a Member of United European Gastroenterology - UEG.
UEG, or United European Gastroenterology, is a professional non-profit organisation combining all the leading European societies concerned with digestive diseases. Together, its member societies represent over 22,000 specialists, working across medicine, surgery, paediatrics, gastrointestinal oncology and endoscopy. This makes UEG the most comprehensive organisation of its kind in the world, and a unique platform for collaboration and the exchange of knowledge.
To advance standards of gastroenterological care and knowledge across Europe and the world, UEG offers numerous activities and initiatives:
- UEG Week, Europe's largest gastroenterology meeting featuring the latest advances in clinical management and the best research in gastroenterology and liver disease. It is the premier venue to present research findings and learn about new work in the field.
- UEG Week 24/7 features all recorded sessions from UEG Week and provides convenient and direct access to the complete congress material, including E-posters and abstracts.
- Young GI Network, offering young delegates the opportunity to exchange scientific ideas with top speakers and senior experts and be guided through the scientific programme of UEG Week by mentors
- UEG Education, the universal source of knowledge in gastroenterology, providing online and classroom courses, a huge online library and delivering the latest GI news, fostering debate and discussion
- Training Support, funding for innovative training and educational programmes, as well as international scientific and professional co-operations
- UEG Journal, published bi-monthly, covering translational and clinical studies from all areas of gastroenterology
- EU Affairs, promoting research, prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases, and helping develop an effective health policy for Europe
- Guidelines, collection of currently more than 200 clinical practice guidelines, clinical standards, consensus, position papers and standard protocols in the field of digestive health, published by our member societies, will complement the Dutch guidelines available in the NVMDL library and enable clinicians to find the best care options for their patients.
Watch HERE an informative UEG/CRC movie about colorectal cancer.
"Colorectal cancer, or bowel cancer, is Europe's second biggest cancer killer and each year it claims the livers of more than 200,000 people across the continent. With death rates on the increase, it is now time to face up to colorectal cancer.
The most effective measure in tackling colorectal cancer is to increase early detection through cancer screening. However, although colorectal cancer screening programmes have been implemented across parts of Europe, accessibility and participation rates still vary widely. Therefore, the organisation of formal screening programmes and achieving higher participation rates in these programmes should be a key priority for the EU and will reduce the high annual cost of care across Europe.
Recognising the key signs of colorectal cancer and taking part in your national screening programme may also improve early detection, which could result in a 90-95% survival rate.
Another way of reducing your risk is to make small lifestyle changes: these include limiting your alcohol intake, not smoking, decreasing your consumption of processed meat, and regular physical exercise.
If governments, healthcare professionals and individuals don't act now then the challenge is only going to become greater.
So, let's face up to colorectal cancer together."
Special offer for UEG’s Member Societies
Throughout the year, UEG offers a vast online collection of cutting-edge educational and scientific material for the GI community – over 30,000 recordings, guidelines, abstracts, and livestreams during our annual UEG Week.
Special offer for UEG’s Member Societies
Make this resource directly available from your Society’s website and let your Society’s individual members, young fellows and website users search directly in the collection. See attached example screenshot to see how it would currently look like.
Installing this widget is very easy!
All you need to do is insert the code below at the designated spot on the website and your colleagues are directly connected to the whole collection.
We advise to keep the widget installed throughout the year to benefit from our continuously expanding collection and various offers. It will also allow your website users to directly access the livestream during UEG Week Vienna (October 20 – 24, 2018) !
Congratulations to all UEG Rising Stars 2016! (in alphabetic order)
- Imke Atreya, Germany
- Jakub Fichna, Poland
- Omid Sadr-Azodi, Sweden
- Edoardo Savarino, Italy
- Andreas Stengel, Germany
- Pavel Strnad, Germany
- Hjalmar van Santvoort, The Netherlands
- Mira M. Wouters, Belgium
Subsidie en sponsoring
Sponsormogelijkheden voor NVGE-leden
15 mei 2020
1 september 2020
1 januari 2021
2 april 2020