The NVGE is a Member of United European Gastroenterology - UEG.
UEG, or United European Gastroenterology, is a professional non-profit organisation combining all the leading European societies concerned with digestive diseases. Together, its member societies represent over 22,000 specialists, working across medicine, surgery, paediatrics, gastrointestinal oncology and endoscopy. This makes UEG the most comprehensive organisation of its kind in the world, and a unique platform for collaboration and the exchange of knowledge.
To advance standards of gastroenterological care and knowledge across Europe and the world, UEG offers numerous activities and initiatives:
- UEG Week, Europe's largest gastroenterology meeting featuring the latest advances in clinical management and the best research in gastroenterology and liver disease. It is the premier venue to present research findings and learn about new work in the field.
- UEG Week 24/7 features all recorded sessions from UEG Week and provides convenient and direct access to the complete congress material, including E-posters and abstracts.
- Young GI Network, offering young delegates the opportunity to exchange scientific ideas with top speakers and senior experts and be guided through the scientific programme of UEG Week by mentors
- UEG Education, the universal source of knowledge in gastroenterology, providing online and classroom courses, a huge online library and delivering the latest GI news, fostering debate and discussion
- Clinical Visiting Fellowship, funding for innovative training and educational programmes, as well as international scientific and professional co-operations
- UEG Journal, published bi-monthly, covering translational and clinical studies from all areas of gastroenterology
- Advocacy, promoting research, prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases, and helping develop an effective health policy for Europe
- Guidelines, collection of currently more than 200 clinical practice guidelines, clinical standards, consensus, position papers and standard protocols in the field of digestive health, published by our member societies, will complement the Dutch guidelines available in the NVMDL library and enable clinicians to find the best care options for their patients.
Special offer for UEG’s Member Societies
Throughout the year, UEG offers a vast online collection of cutting-edge educational and scientific material for the GI community – over 30,000 recordings, guidelines, abstracts, and livestreams during our annual UEG Week.
We are extremely proud to present you our new website! This project kept us busy for more than a year, we edited an incredible number of 123 pages and 187 articles, in total ~3.2 Mio lines of code were programmed.
What are the main new features?
The central new design elements are brighter colours and a powerful three dimensional model of the digestive organs that brings our areas of practice and expertise together.
No matter if you access ueg.eu from your desktop computer, tablet or smartphone, our new website will adjust automatically to your device.
A myUEG account is your key to the digestive world! No matter if you want to register for UEG Week, submit an abstract or enrol for an online course, our new website will allow you to do it all with just one account.
Our focus was on increasing the user experience and decreasing the content. We hope you like it and find it easy to navigate. Please send us your feedback or suggestions!!
Subsidie en sponsoring
De Gastrostart subsidies 2020 en de NVGE Researchprijs 2020 zijn komen te vervallen.
In het najaar wordt besloten over de subsidierondes 2021.
Digestive Disease Days
Vanwege COVID-19 zijn de
Digestive Disease Days te
Veldhoven op 9-10 september a.s.
Ter vervanging zal er een online
event plaatsvinden op 9